Sometimes it can be hard to keep up with your payments. Don't be afraid to ask for help! At GWMWater we understand that things can sometimes get a bit tricky and we'll work with you to come to an arrangement.
Getting behind the 8 ball? (271kB)
Will GWMWater disconnect my water if I don't pay my bill?
Water is an essential service and we don't disconnect your water for non-payment.
However, we may take legal action or restrict your water supply to two litres per minute due to non-payment if:
- more than 14 days have lapsed since the issue of a reminder notice
- we've sent a warning notice including information on GWMWater’s Hardship Policy and other programs that are available to help you with payment difficulties
- we've attempted to make contact with you about the non-payment
- we've notified you of the restriction or legal action and the associated costs, including the cost of removing a restrictor
- we've offered or agreed to a flexible payment plan, and you've refused or failed to comply with the arrangement.
Get a concession or grant