Skip to main content Skip to home page
Register a dam or apply for a surface water licence.  Information about surface water mangement and allocations.

Apply for a 'take and use' surface water licence

Depending where you’re located in our region, you may be eligible to apply to harvest and use surface rainfall runoff, including from streams, rivers, creeks and catchment dams.


Apply for a 'take and use' surface water licence

At GWMWater, we’re responsible for regulating farm and household dams under the Water Act 1989.


Use surface water legally

In the interests of the environment, the community and fairness, it's important for people to follow the rules regarding taking and using  surface water.


Latest Wimmera River diverters update

There are two rules to determine if a Wimmera River 'take and use' allocation can be allowed.




Back to top