Got a query?
Top five queries
- What assistance is available to help me with my water bills?
We understand that sometimes life gets tricky and you might be struggling with your water bills. If you’re struggling, get it touch with us as soon as possible and we can help you with initiatives such as:
- Payment arrangements
- Applying for concessions
- GWMWater Customer Support Program
- Utility Relief Grant Scheme
- Rebate Scheme
Find out more about concessions and grants or call us for a confidential discussion on 1300 659 961.
- What is allowed at GWMWater lakes and reservoirs?
- What are the current water restrictions in my area?
All Victorian towns are under Permanent Water Savings Rules when staged water restrictions aren’t in place.
- How can I use water wisely?
There’s a number of simple adjustments you can make to your everyday life in order to use water wisely.
- What payment arrangements are available?
You can pay your bill in a few ways:
- BPAY - Biller Code 79855
- Direct Debit Payment by Centrelink (Centrepay)
- Credit card via POSTbillpay online or over the phone
- Payment in person at any Australia Post office or our Horsham office
- Via mail to PO BOX 481, Horsham, 3402
Outages and water quality alerts
Standpipe, Ararat (Maude Street) - Out of Service
Starting: 25 January 2019
This standpipe is currently out of service. We will advise when this standpipe is back on-line.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to water carters in this vicinity.
Locations of other standpipes are available on https://www.gwmwater.org.au/connecting-services/emergency-water-and-standpipes/apply-for-standpipe-accessRead more
Lake Fyans is a small off-stream reservoir with a small natural catchment. Despite its small size, Lake Fyans supplies water to Ararat, Stawell and Great Western, as well as to some Supply-by-Agreement customers.
The lake is one of the most important recreational lakes in the region. It hosts a number of activities including sailing, jet skiing, hunting and caravanning.
A 9.6 km walking track around the perimeter of Lake Fyans is a feature with splinter tracks available to explore the diverse plant life, nature trails and bird trails.