Got a query?
Top five queries
- What assistance is available to help me with my water bills?
We understand that sometimes life gets tricky and you might be struggling with your water bills. If you’re struggling, get it touch with us as soon as possible and we can help you with initiatives such as:
- Payment arrangements
- Applying for concessions
- GWMWater Customer Support Program
- Utility Relief Grant Scheme
- Rebate Scheme
Find out more about concessions and grants or call us for a confidential discussion on 1300 659 961.
- What is allowed at GWMWater lakes and reservoirs?
- What are the current water restrictions in my area?
All Victorian towns are under Permanent Water Savings Rules when staged water restrictions aren’t in place.
- How can I use water wisely?
There’s a number of simple adjustments you can make to your everyday life in order to use water wisely.
- What payment arrangements are available?
You can pay your bill in a few ways:
- BPAY - Biller Code 79855
- Direct Debit Payment by Centrelink (Centrepay)
- Credit card via POSTbillpay online or over the phone
- Payment in person at any Australia Post office or our Horsham office
- Via mail to PO BOX 481, Horsham, 3402
Outages and water quality alerts
Interruption to Water Supply - Stawell
Reason: Maintenance Works
Starting: 9 am, 2 April 2020
Finishing: 2 pm, 2 April 2020
Under advice from the Chief Health Officer, all GWMWater campsites, camping grounds and caravan parks will be closed from 5pm, Friday 27 March 2020.
Day visitors are still permitted but social distancing requirements must be adhered to at all times.
For more information, visit: gwmwater.org.au/coronavirus
Lake Fyans is a small off-stream reservoir with a small natural catchment. Despite its small size, Lake Fyans supplies water to Ararat, Stawell and Great Western, as well as to some Supply-by-Agreement customers.
The lake is one of the most important recreational lakes in the region. It hosts a number of activities including sailing, jet skiing and hunting.
A 9.6 km walking track around the perimeter of Lake Fyans is a feature with splinter tracks available to explore the diverse plant life, nature trails and bird trails.