GWMWater regulates trade waste because it can be harmful to our sewerage infrastructure. For this reason, we need our local businesses to apply to discharge trade waste and enter into a 'Trade Waste Agreement' with us so that we can monitor and ensure the health of the water system.
With a Trade Waste Agreement in place, your business can continue using our sewerage services without damaging the pipes or incurring financial penalties.
You'll need to apply in situations where there is:
- a new discharge
- a change of occupier or site operator
- a change in the nature or volume of existing discharge
How to apply
Follow the steps below to apply to discharge trade waste.
Trade waste categories
GWMWater assigns trade waste categories (from Category 0 to Category 4) based on your business and its trade waste production. Unless you're a 'Category 0' and have already been granted consent by default, you need to complete an application to discharge trade waste.
Read more about trade waste categories.
- Download the Trade Waste Application form (113kB).
- The form is quite detailed since we need specific and detailed information about your business and the type of waste you produce. Provide as much detail and accuracy as possible.
- Download the accompanying Trade Waste Application Guidelines (1.5MB, 6 pages) to help you complete the application form.
- Get in touch if you have any issues or questions.
- Submit the form in person or via email.
We'll get back to you within 10 business days of receiving the application advising:
- whether the application has been accepted (possibly with amendments) or rejected; or
- that we need more time to consider your application; or
- that we need more information from you to make a decision.
Trade Waste Customer Charter (367kB, 16 pages)
Detailed information about trade waste policy and practices at GWMWater.
Trade Waste Customer Service Code (924kB, 21 pages)
GWMWater's obligations toward our customers defined by the Essential Services Commission.
The acceptance criteria that applies to Category 3 and Category 4 businesses.
Major Trade Waste agreement (249kB, 45 pages)
An example of the Trade Waste Agreement for Category 3 and Category 4 businesses.