While we strive to provide an outstanding customer experience, we recognise that sometimes there may be a need to complain if a service, decision or action fails to meet your expectations.
We deal with all complaints in an objective, unbiased and timely manner.
How to make a complaint
GWMWater welcomes feedback about the quality of service that we provide to our customers and stakeholders. We are pleased to help you in any matter regarding our services and you can contact us by email, in person or by phoning 1300 659 961 during business hours.
We recognise that customers may need to notify us if a service, decision or action fails to meet your expectations. When you make a complaint, please include as much information as possible to ensure our staff can consider all of the facts.
We recognise the value for transparency and accountability in its administrative and management practices. Protected Disclosure Procedures (306kB, 21 pages) outlines the protection of persons from detrimental action in reprisal for making a protected disclosure about GWMWater or its employees.
What happens next?
- Your complaint is referred to the appropriate manager.
- The manager will review the complaint and offer a response.
- We strive to respond and resolve all complaints within 10 business days.
If you reject our proposed decision or action:
- Your complaint remains open.
- You can seek alternative forms of assistance such as the Energy and Water Ombudsman (EWOV).
- We will continue to monitor progress of your complaint until all reasonable internal and external options of recourse are exhausted or the complainant is satisfied.
To access our Translating and Interpreting Service, contact 131 450 and ask to be connected to 1300 659 961.
Deaf, hearing impaired or speech/communication impaired customers may call the National Relay Service (TTY service) by dialing 133 677 and quoting 1300 659 961.