Skip to main content Skip to home page

We understand that coronavirus (COVID-19) may significantly impact household budgets and businesses.

If you are experiencing difficulty in paying your water and sewerage bill or are unable to pay due to the temporary closure of our Customer Service Centre, please get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can help.

Options available to customers are:

  1. Flexible Payment Agreements
  2. Payment Cards
  3. Centrepay
  4. Direct Debit
  5. Government Concessions
  6. Undetectable Water Leak Rebates
  7. Community Rebate Program
  8. Utility Relief Grants
  9. Hardship Assistance
  10. Sewerage and Water Connection Hardship Relief Scheme

We will assist and offer support where we can, including referral assistance to confidential and independent financial counselling.

Please phone us on 1300 659 961 to discuss how we can assist you.

For more information on our response to coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit:

Adobe PDF file icon 24x24Getting behind the 8 ball? (271kB)


Will GWMWater disconnect my water if I don't pay my bill?

Water is an essential service and we don't disconnect your water for non-payment.

However, we may take legal action or restrict your water supply to two litres per minute due to non-payment if:

  • more than 14 days have lapsed since the issue of a reminder notice
  • we've sent a warning notice including information on GWMWater’s Adobe PDF file icon 24x24 Hardship Policy (90kB, 2 pages) and other programs that are available to help you with payment difficulties
  • we've attempted to make contact with you about the non-payment
  • we've notified you of the restriction or legal action and the associated costs, including the cost of removing a restrictor
  • we've offered or agreed to a flexible payment plan, and you've refused or failed to comply with the arrangement.


Further information...

Get a concession or grant
A range of concessions and grants are available to provide financial relief for GWMWater customers. If you're eligible, you may be offered reduced payments for your water services.



Back to top