Lake Bellfield is located in the eastern Grampians near Halls Gap and has an inlet from Fyans Creek. Lake Bellfield supplies towns (including Halls Gap and Pomonal), farms, recreational lakes and environmental wetlands covering 10% of Victoria. It's also the main source of supply for the Wimmera Mallee Pipeline system, supported by Taylors Lake. Lake Bellfield water quality is generally of a high standard due to its catchment being located in a protected national park.
The lake is used for recreational activities such as boating, fishing and picnicking. Please note that boats with an internal combustion engine are not permitted at Lake Bellfield.
A private caravan park is located adjacent to the dam wall
- located at the Lake Bellfield observation tower/viewing area
Camp fires only permitted at picnic area
- check CFA website or Vic Emergency App for up-to-date information
- permitted in properly constructed fireplaces in line with Country Fire Authority's warnings and restrictions https://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/warnings-restrictions/can
- fire must be completely extinguished with water, not soil, before the last person leaves
- powerboats are not permitted
- shooting is not permitted
- are not permitted
The boating authority for Lake Bellfield is GWMWater.
- Feels like 4.6°C
- Relative Humidity 99 %
- Rainfall 0.2mm
- Wind SW at 9 km/h