Lake Bellfield is located in the eastern Grampians near Halls Gap and has an inlet from Fyans Creek. Lake Bellfield supplies water to Halls Gap and Pomonal. It's also the main source of supply for the Wimmera Mallee Pipeline system, supported by Taylors Lake. The lake is used for recreational activities such as boating, fishing and picnicking. Please note that boats with an internal combustion engine are not permitted at Lake Bellfield.
Natural disasters in past years, such as the Mt Lubra fires in 2006 and the floods of January 2011 have affected water quality, turbidity and the colour of water at Lake Bellfield.
Together, we can keep our towns COVIDSafe
This Summer will be different to any other, and we must work together to keep public land and waterways open and safe for Victorians to enjoy. Under the Last Step - coronavirus roadmap for reopening, travel is permitted throughout Victoria and facilities at our recreation lakes, including campgrounds, are open. Being COVIDSafe is everyone’s responsibility. Be prepared and follow these measures at all times.
A private caravan park is located adjacent to the dam wall
- located at the Lake Bellfield observation tower/viewing area
Camp fires only permitted at picnic area
- check CFA website or Vic Emergency App for up-to-date information
- permitted in properly constructed fireplaces in line with Country Fire Authority's warnings and restrictions https://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/warnings-restrictions/can
- fire must be completely extinguished with water, not soil, before the last person leaves
- powerboats are not permitted
- shooting is not permitted
- are not permitted
The boating authority for Lake Bellfield is GWMWater.
- Feels like 7.3°C
- Relative Humidity 82 %
- Rainfall 0.0mm
- Wind W at 9 km/h