Skip to main content Skip to home page

Many properties in urban areas will have the option to join our existing water network. The primary requirement for a property is that it's fronted by one of our mains.

In rural areas, we may supply water for landowners through a rural pipeline connection, or a groundwater or surface water diversion.

If you're property isn't fronted by a main or a rural pipeline, you may also be eligible to apply to extend our water network.


What to do

Step 1:  Check if urban water services are available in your area

Use our Adobe PDF file icon 24x24 Service Area Map (2.5MB) or the table below to check your water supply.

Antwerp Culgoa Horsham Miram Quambatook Underbool
Apsley Dimboola Jeparit Moyston Rainbow Warracknabeal
Ararat Donald Jung Murrayville Rupanyup Watchem
Berriwillock Dooen Kaniva Murtoa Sea Lake Waitchie
Beulah Edenhope Kiata Nandaly Serviceton Walpeup
Birchip Elmhurst Lake Bolac Natimuk Speed Westmere
Brim Glenorchy Lalbert Nhill St Arnaud Wickliffe
Buangor Goroke Lascelles Nullawil Stawell Willaura
Charlton Great Western Lillimur Ouyen Streatham Woomelang
Chillingollah Halls Gap Manangatang Patchewollock Tarranyurk Wycheproof
Chinkapook Harrow Marnoo Pimpinio Tempy Yaapeet
Cowangie Hopetoun Minyip Pomonal Ultima  


Step 2:  Find out if your property is fronted by a main

To find out if your property is fronted by an urban water main, use our interactive map of GWMWater assets or get in touch with us.


Step 3: Find a licensed plumber

Only a licensed plumber can connect you to a main. This is to ensure the safety of our water system and the community.  You'll need to find a plumber before applying for permission to connect, as you're required to supply their details on the application form.


Step 4:  Apply to connect

If you're ready to connect to our water services you'll need permission from us before you begin any works. 

Download an Adobe PDF file icon 24x24 Application for Consent to Connect to the Water Supply System (109kB)


Extending our network

If your property isn't fronted by a water main, you may be eligible to apply to extend our network. See more information about the New Developer Works Agreement.



If you would like to disconnect from our services, please call us on 1300 659 961.


Further information...


Apply for a pressure and flow test

You may require a pressure and flow test when connecting to our services to ensure the water network will meet your requirements.


Drinking water in urban areas

GWMWater provides drinking water and non-drinking water supplies.  Find out where you can drink the water.


Adobe PDF file icon 24x24 Urban Customer Charter Summary (1MB)

We're committed to serving our customers and have developed a charter to reflect our ongoing commitment to you and the community.


Adobe PDF file icon 24x24 Guaranteed Service Levels Fact Sheet (830kB)

GWMWater provides Guaranteed Service Levels for urban customers.  You maybe eligible to receive a rebate on your water bill if our services don't meet the required performance standards.


Our pricing structure is based on the quality of water supplied and where your water comes from. Find out more.



Back to top