Lake Fyans is a small off-stream reservoir with a small natural catchment. Despite its small size, Lake Fyans supplies water to Ararat, Stawell and Great Western, as well as to some Supply-by-Agreement customers.
The lake is one of the most important recreational lakes in the region. It hosts a number of activities including sailing, jet skiing, hunting and caravanning.
A 9.6 km walking track around the perimeter of Lake Fyans is a feature with splinter tracks available to explore the diverse plant life, nature trails and bird trails.
Lake Fyans Embankment Upgrade works
Lake Fyans is set to receive an upgrade over the summer months with works on the embankment and marina being undertaken. Find out more about the project
Private caravan park available
- is not permitted
- check CFA website or Vic Emergency App for up-to-date information
- permitted in properly constructed fireplaces in line with Country Fire Authority's warnings and restrictions https://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/warnings-restrictions/can
- fire must be completely extinguished with water, not soil, before the last person leaves
- permitted during duck season only
- must be under control at all times and tied up at night
- to be kept on a leash in picnic area or when near other visitors
- bring own bag to remove any faeces deposited by your dog
- must not enter the water, excluding duck season for the retrieval of ducks
The boating authority for Lake Fyans is Northern Grampians Shire Council.
We've developed a plan to improve the recreational use of Lake Fyans.
See what's planned. Lake Fyans Management Plan (574kB, 30 pages)
- Feels like 9.1°C
- Relative Humidity 73 %
- Rainfall 0.4mm
- Wind NW at 20 km/h