Reason: Blue-Green Algae
Regular testing has detected levels of blue-green algae above levels considered safe for recreation use at Lake Toolondo.
We warn the public to avoid direct contact with the water. People may still boat, sightsee and enjoy other activities at the lake that do not involve direct water contact.
Warning signs have been positioned at major recreational areas around the lake and will remain in place while the warning is current.
Lake Toolondo is an off-stream reservoir famous for its great trout fishing and is a popular recreational destination in the region.
Supplied by its own small catchment from Mt Talbot Creek, the lake stores a lot of 'dead water'. This means that water in Lake Toolondo doesn't flow through to another source; it can only be pumped out. The lake is reliant on transfers from Rocklands Reservoir.
Private caravan park available
- not permitted
- permitted during duck season only
- must be under control at all times and tied up at night
- to be kept on a leash in picnic area or when near other visitors
- bring own bag to remove any faeces deposited by the dog
- must not enter the water, excluding duck season for the retrieval of ducks
The boating authority for Lake Toolondo is Horsham Rural City Council.
- Feels like 11.9°C
- Relative Humidity 99 %
- Rainfall 0.0mm
- Wind N at 19 km/h
18° Heavy rainMIN 13°